I saw these shoes the other day and fell in love. I don't own any Sperrys and these looked like a great first pair. HOwever....I am not the kind of girl to just go and blow $100 on a pair of shoes for no reason. I like to make myself feel like I deserve it. I like to set goals, accomplish them and then go make my purchase all while feeling good about it. So I thought of a very noteworthy goal: Case and I have been saving all of the money I make at work and we kind have a number that we want to hit. I think we are only a couple of weeks away from reaching that goal! Then I can get my shoes!
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Last Friday we went to Fat Cats for Costa Vida and bowling to celebrate Casey's brother Kevin's birthday. I am terrible at bowling and have yet to score above 90. Hopefully we can make this a family tradish so I can work on my skills. Here are some pics from the night. ..
Cali and Cole love each other so much!
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Yesterday I had my last final of my 4th semester...meaning--I only have one more semester of nursing school left! There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel. I am getting so burned out with school. I literally have been going straight with no breaks (through the summer) since Fall 2008. I can't believe I am still sane. Come August 5th I will be free!...take the NCLEX and hopefully speedily get an RN job. Wish me luck! I am going to need the stamina for this last semester.
The tulips were blooming in my front yard. They are huge! I''m so excited for the weather to finally get nice.
Monday, May 2, 2011
I saw some random blog that had this post and I thought it would be fun. So here are the random jobs that I have done in my lifetime.
1. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Best Job Ever! I worked here part-time my junior and senior year of high school. Probably only once a week. It was a dream job. I sampled everything multiple times...especially the Avalanche Apple. mmmmmmmm..soo good.
2. Nanny: this one I have done on and off in High School and when I would go home to La Canada for the spring/summer.
3. Baskin Robbins: This job was fun but not worth the pay. I was a freshman at BYU and I wanted some play money so I got a job here..right across the street from the dorms. Again, I sampled everything and if you ever wanted a sample a I filled that little pink sample spoon so full that I had to dump it into your hand. Ask my friend Sara...she visited me just for the samples.
4. Central Utah Surgical Center: quitting here was seriously the worst decision I have made in my ENTIRE LIFE. I don't know what I was thinking. I only worked here 6 mos...then I decided to quit because I wanted to "focus on school" and not getting into BYU's nursing program. I was stupid. I loved this job! I was an assistant to the nurses in the recovery room. I tried multiple times to go back and get a job..with no avail.
(I have no idea who this is in the picture--just googled it and this is what I found)
5. Advanced Spine and Pain Solutions: I worked here for 2 years. Made some great friends who I miss a lot. While working here I was a physical therapy aide/personal trainer/receptionist/secretary/massage therapist/therapist. haha. It was a good experience.
6. LPN at Courtyard at Jamestown Assisted Living: My first nursing job. It's going well so far! I have learned a lot, crushed a TON of pills, and put many band-aids on. I'm loving the residents I work with, they teach me new things every day.