Casey, Ashley, Chase & Jimmy

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Escape from the cold!

Right after New Years Case and I took a quick down to the warmer state of California to see my family. We were not able to go down there for the holidays due to my work schedule--2nd year in a row :( #dontbeanurse. It was perfect timing though because the temperatures in Utah started to plummet rapidly! California was not extremely warm but 60 degrees sure feels warm when you are used to 10 degrees! 

My mom left up the Christmas tree for us!

I spent my mornings outside reading and eating oatmeal. I really miss this view. 

Lunch with the girls. We tried out this trendy new place called Umami Burger in Pasadena. I guess there are a couple of them in the LA area. It was super good! a little overpriced though and way too trendy. 



I thought it would be a fun idea to go visit the Norton Simon Museum. They had Van Gogh's self portrait on loan from D.C. We invited Grandma Anderson to join us on our cultural activity. 

This sculpture was called " Statue of a Pregnant Woman". Naturally I couldn't help myself. 

 Grandma really enjoying the artwork :)

I always tell Casey how amazing LUCKY BOY breakfast burritos are and he still had not had one in the 4 years we've known each other. So we finally decided to go! Needless to say he loved it! If you are ever near Pasadena you must try one!


My parents surprised us and took us on a tour of DODGER STADIUM. Casey is a huge dodger fan and ever since joining the family everyone else seems to be as well. We do in fact live 15 minutes from the stadium. 







 Beautiful La Canada. Home sweet home

 We decided to head down to Seal Beach one day. I can't go home without seeing the ocean at least once. Even If I can't surf I still just want to smell the salty air!  My dad thought it was a good idea for the boys to bike to the beach while we drove. What he thought was a 30 mile ride ended up being 60 miles and taking 5 hours. No one was very happy with him after....








California was a much needed escape from the Utah winter! The last trip before the baby comes! Well I did have a baby shower planned in February but we had to cancel that due to me being on bed rest now :)  

0 comments

Post a Comment