Casey, Ashley, Chase & Jimmy

Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Year's in California

(WARNING: Picture Overload)

Since we couldn't get to California for Christmas we headed down two days later to spend a week with my family. All my siblings were already there for Christmas so it was a big party! Casey always jokes that my parents house is like a hostel. My little brother always has friends sleeping over and this Christmas my other brother Trent had his foreign exchange student friend from from Finland staying for a couple weeks. It was full house!

The weather was unreal! It seriously is not ever that warm in January. We spent lots of time outside going surfing, going on walks and hikes, shopping and just spending time at the beach. We went to a Clippers game, a BYU game and a Lakers game. Plus Casey got to golf a few times. He was in heaven.  One day we were able to get down to Long Beach to spend a day with Casey's Grandma and Aunts. We went paddle boarding and took Chase to the park then had dinner with the family. We sure know how to pack in a lot of activities in a week! I feel like every time I go home I have a list of things I want to do/see/eat and I never seem to get through it even if I am there for a week! Oh well….there is always next time!


 after our flight….we just needed some food from the Habit!

 Chase's Christmas round two!














Ventura!






 We met up with Rachel Robbins and her husband Zeke for dinner on the way to the BYU vs. Pepperdine game. 

 Girls lunch at Americana!


 love Chase in this picture!

Grammy and Chase in Long Beach!


 Chase with his great-grandma Alma. It's getting harder to get a good picture of this kids- always on the move. 

 We met up with my bestie Sara and her husband Dillon for some dinner in Pasadena. 

 Sara, can you please move closer to me! I miss you!!!!
 Sano beach day!



 Our family friends the O'briens invited us to their box at the Laker vs. Jazz game! It was so nice with Chase. 



 I like to try out new hikes in La Canada whenever I go home. This one was up Cherry Canyon and we loved it. Chase slept the whole time in his baby carrier :)


La Canada had a float every year in the Rose Parade. The next day they put it on Foothill (the main road) for everyone to see!

 photo DSC00184_zps2b214882.png

0 comments

Post a Comment