Casey, Ashley, Chase & Jimmy

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Hawaii: The Big Island

We recently went to Hawaii a few weeks ago with my parents and my brother Trent and his wife Ray.  My parents have been going for the past 6 years on this same trip. There is a group of Mormons from southern CA that do a golf tournament every year. We stay at the Mauna Lani Resort on the Big Island. Casey and I have been twice before we had kids. Luckily Casey's mom Christy was willing to babysit Chase so we were able to go this year! Thanks Christy :)

It's such a relaxing trip because we don't really have an agenda besides the two-day golf tournament that the boys are involved in. We typically wake up go work out at the gym or go on a walk, then head to the pool to bask in the sun. Next we get lunch and head back to the pool or beach, go back to our rooms and shower then head to dinner. They have beach cruisers at the hotel that we can ride whenever we want too! This year we did some of the work out classes and beachside yoga. I loved it! 

We also explored the city of Waimea which is up on the mountain. It's so pretty! Kind of like the Park City of Hawaii. Rolling green hills. We also went up to Hawi on a Sunday drive and saw the prettiest lookout. Oh and we had the best food ever! I love fresh fish and it's everywhere in Hawaii. We found the best shaved ice of my life. Big Island Shave Ice. They make their own flavor syrups with fresh fruit! We might have gone three days in a row...

Sorry for the picture overload! I'm super behind on blogging so I'm making up for it.




































 photo DSC00184_zps2b214882.png

0 comments

Post a Comment