Casey, Ashley, Chase & Jimmy

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wellness Wednesday: Frozen Banana Bites

It's been a while since I did one of these posts! Sorry :(
So I got this idea from one of the food instagram accounts that I follow and I kind of made it my own. These are super easy to make and you can do a number of variations. I have moments where I really want something sweet! Especially before dinner or at night. These are perfect because they are small and pretty healthy, made with a small amount of almond or peanut butter and dark chocolate. 

Ingredients:
-2-3 bananas- fairly ripe
-1/3 cup of almond/peanut butter (i just scooped out of the jar)
-1/4 cup dark chocolate (try to do 60% cacao or more)

Directions:
-cut up the bananas in 1/2 inch slices
-make banana sandwiches with almond/peanut butter in center
-place on baking sheet or pan on wax paper or silpat
-melt chocolate in glass bowl in the microwave in 20 second increments stirring in between
-drizzle chocolate on top
-place in freezer for an hour or two
-take out and store in a ziploc or tupperware in freezer

**I had extra chocolate so I dipped raspberries and froze those as well- SO GOOD. 




 photo DSC00184_zps2b214882.png

0 comments

Post a Comment