Casey, Ashley, Chase & Jimmy

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Grandpa Quent

A couple of weeks ago on Saturday June 22 Casey's Grandpa Quentin Bates passed away. He spent the earlier part of the week fishing up in Idaho where he saw the most beautiful fish he had ever seen in his entire life. Then on Friday night he celebrated his 55th wedding anniversary with his wife Anna. Saturday morning he went to the great-grandkids t-ball games. He was at home reading the paper when he passed away from a heart attack. I had only known Quent for about 5 years and I can honestly say that he was one of the kindest most considerate men I have ever met. At his funeral everyone shared stories about how kind and humble Quent was. Casey always says that he found out more about his grandpa on Wikipedia then from Quent himself. He was just one of those people that never talked about themselves. No matter who you were he just wanted to talk to you about yourself.  When he saw Chase for the first time he had tears in his eyes and said "That is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen". I'm glad Chase at least got to meet him :) We will miss you Grandpa Quent!





1 comments

  1. Ash, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know my Grandma Sally and him will be hanging out in heaven waiting for their spouses to join them. I know how much my grandparents love the Bates so I bet he was amazing!

    ReplyDelete