Casey, Ashley, Chase & Jimmy

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Exercising Post-Baby

Working out post-baby is easier said than done. I had no idea how hard it was going to be to find the time and then to have the energy to exercise! I always said that I was going to run a half-marathon after having Chase (coming from a non-runner here). I thought I would get all into running like all those other super skinny moms.....well, that has yet to happen. I still hate running. I wish I loved it. I am trying to get Casey to get me a treadmill hoping things will change. So in the mean time I have found a couple of ways to get my workouts in. I hardly ever use my Gold's Gym pass because basically my only chance to use it is when Casey comes home and who wants to work out right before dinner when you are starving and tired? 
So I have a couple of different things that I have been doing lately. I used to walk a couple times a week but now that Chase has a set morning nap at 9am I usually just work out at home during his nap. Here are a couple of things that I have found work well for me:

1. Walking!
Especially in the beginning when I was pretty limited on physical activity. My goal was to make my walks between 30-45 minutes a couple of times a week. Lately I don't walk much because Chase doesn't sleep as well in his car seat as he used to :(



2. Tracy Anderson DVDs and Youtube videos
She is a trainer for lots of celebrities like Gwenyth Paltrow and Kim Kardashian. Her whole thing is to not use lots of weights. I love her arm workouts because they focus on making your arms lean. She only uses 3lbs weight max! Sometimes if I don't have a lot of time to workout I just do a 10 minute youtube video of her arm workout HERE.  


3. Jillian Michaels DVDs
These are what I started with when I had my 6 week go-ahead to start working out again. I was super diligent about doing the 30-day shred at least 3 times a week. I think it really helped me to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight pretty quick (except for the last 5lbs which I still can't lose :( ). Recently I like to alternate between these two DVDs and Tracy Anderson. I've also tried Jillan's "Ripped in 30 days" but I didn't love it. It was a little too intense and I was worried I was going to injure myself. 





4. Xtend Barre
My sisters and I bought the Groupon for the Xtend Barre studio in Provo just down the hill from my house. I only have a couple of classes left that I am savoring! I wish it wasn't so expensive for a pass ($99/month) ugghhhhh. But they have free day care! which is awesome because I could go whenever I want! Anyways we love Barre. It is such a good workout! I am not a dancer AT ALL and I still love it. You don't have to be very coordinated haha. It is more like pilates with ballet moves incorporated. Here is the link for the Provo one. Your first class is free!




All of the DVDs are found on AMAZON and they are all under $10!

 photo DSC00184_zps2b214882.png

0 comments

Post a Comment