Casey, Ashley, Chase & Jimmy

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wellness Wednesday: My Favorite Fitness/Cooking Blogs

I thought I would start a weekly themed post. Mainly because this will get me to blog more. And I really am into eating healthy, exercising and just feeling better about my body!
I graduated with a bachelor's in Exercise Science and then went on to nursing school. So I have taken my fair share of health science, nutrition, fitness, and nursing classes. I really loved school and I learned so much about what it takes to live a healthy lifestyle. So I'm pretty excited to start doing these posts!

WELLNESS: the state or condition of being in good physical and mental health


To start I thought I would just share my favorite healthy cooking blogs:

Delicious low-fat recipes. seriously this blog is my go-to for cooking and baking. The best recipes ever! I also follow her on instagram. One of my favorites is skinny fried rice. 
This is a Vegan blog (I eat meat too though). She has lots of good granola and energy bar recipes that I love. 
This girl is a runner but loves to eat good food as well. She has great workout posts (treadmill workouts). And fun recipes like Healthier Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
This is kind of more of an exercise site than cooking. They do have great smoothie recipes! My favorite thing on this site is the fitness video section. If you only have 10 minutes to workout check out THIS
This girl just wanted to stop dieting and instead start a healthy lifestyle but continuing to eat the foods she loves. Some recipes: Mango Avocado Smoothie, Diet Coke Brownies (yes!), and skinny chicken enchiladas. 
This is a vegetarian recipe blog. But I love her baked goods recipes. They all use whole wheat which is nice. My favorites are: blueberry lemon scones, banana coconut muffins and pumpkin pancakes.
The author of this blog is a health counselor and weight loss coach. My favorites on her site are: super simple shrimp tacos and high protein mango lassi.  She also has interesting articles like "The Four Types of Eating". 
This girl is a runner who posts tons of healthy recipes! Some that I want to try are: Oatmeal apple breakfast bake and Whole wheat leek and goat cheese pizza. 

Click on the title of the blog to take you to the site!


 photo DSC00184_zps2b214882.png

5 comments

  1. Awesome and very useful post! Thanks Ash, I already look at some of these but love having new ones. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oK ASHLEY, I just really need to know what those things are on the top left!??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://ohsheglows.com/2013/07/19/raw-almond-butter-cups/

      I haven't made them but they look divine!!

      Delete
  3. Healthy eating is not about strict nutrition philosophies, staying unrealistically thin, or depriving yourself of the foods you love. thanks you for posting healthy.

    ReplyDelete