I found this recipe in People Magazine a while back and I have made it a couple times since. It's so easy and so delicious! I just throw all the ingredients in the Crock Pot on low for a couple of hours after I saute the onions and turkey. Casey loves this and it makes great leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (11 oz) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (1 oz) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 oz) package spicy taco seasoning
- 1. Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Heat onion, stirring occasionally, untilbrowned, 8-9 minutes.
- 2. Add turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid thicken, 20 minute. (or put in Crock Pot on low for 3-5 hours).
After you add the TURKEY and ONIONS to the crock pot all you do is just put the rest of the ingredients on top.
Stir it all together and let it cook!
I added some shredded cheese on top and made some muffins!